In 2008 I sent out 38 invoices, in 2009 I sent out 6.
I'm trying to do one big project a year, well big in my terms, still can't really talk about that I did last year even though it's starting to show up in magazines. I'll talk about it when I have the production versions in my hand.
1. I am not afraid to admit that I cried during the voice over intro of the 2010 Winter Olympic games. Human achievement really gets to me, when I see people achieve great goals it makes me teary eyed.
2. Free mixtapes are so prevalent, a lot of them are more exciting then regular albums. I think it's the DIY attitude that makes it fresh. Make music, give it away, make your money by performing live, I think that's the way to go
3. I'm more motivated lately. I started drawing a few things, and I think I finally found my style. Not bad it only took me 7 years.
4. I remember the day when I said, tomorrow my life is either going to go one of two ways. If I get this job doing paperwork for this art department my life is going to change. If I don't get that job I'll continue to look for an accounting type job.
5. I remember looking at a window of design books and wanting to be a part of that so badly, I felt my heart ache that day. Today if I look at that same store window my heart would ache a little less.
6. When I was 11 I had a dream to have one nice t-shirt to wear for everyday of the week.
7. This plan of not buying any clothes for February has been good, I've been spending less time obsessing over clothes and shoes. Instead I've been thinking about my career more.
8. I sleep at 2:30am normally, I wake up at 7:30am, I get to work at 9:00am. So I average 5 hours of sleep a night. I am a morning and a night person. Jasmine is a night person that must have 8+ hours of sleep. What that means is she takes epic naps.
9. One of my strongest traits as a graphic designer is my understanding of psychology.
10. If someone approached me with a design project, before my conversation is over with that person I would already have an idea of what I would like to develop. I attribute this to my mentality of always be inspired, or always seek inspiration. Why do you think I only get 5 hours of sleep a night.