Thursday, July 3, 2008

Da Vinci Sleep Schedule

I'm in the process of making some pot stickers at 1 am in the morning. I have a bit more work to do so i guess I'll be up until 3 am or so. While I was in the kitchen preparing to make my delicious dumplings I had a thought about the Da Vinci sleeping schedule where you would sleep every 4-5 hours for about a half hour or so instead of a night of sleeping to maximize your awake time. I actually did something like this today. I would work on a design, nap, work on another graphic, nap, eat, nap, went out to donate an old computer, nap. I don't know if it would work out for me since it didn't work out for Kramer when he tried it in Seinfeld. Well it was a TV show and it's not real. But I have gone through bouts of sleeping 4 hours or so for months on end. It usually ends with me crashing one day and sleeping a whole day away and not being able to get out of bed even if I wanted to. I guess my body just had enough.

Here's a random thought have you ever had your nerve in your shoulder get pinched when you sleep. I woke up once and I had no feeling in my arm, as if it wasn't part of my body it was limp, I had to lift it up with my other arm. After a while you would get some feeling back but it's not a pleasant experience.

I got my Mathmos light in the mail today. It came pretty damn fast.

I got this other round lamp from Ikea yesterday. I'm all about lights.



My restaurant logo thing fell apart. I'm not on that project anymore. Oh well, I'm curious what they'll end up going with.

I think I'll post what I submitted to them in another post.

Rich beat me in basketball today, 6 to 11.

My dumplings are done.


Love,

Vince

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHEN DO I GET TO PLAY WITH YOU VINCE? I WANNA PLAY WITH U GUYS TOO, WHAT'S WITH THE DISCRIMINATION?

Vince Chan said...

Don't wrry Nel one day I will crush you in basketball.


-Vince