Monday, August 18, 2008

Jigga

I remember when I first heard Dead Presidents Pt2. I was pretty damn hyped. At this time using Nas samples was the hot shit, kinda like having that voice thing that T-Pain does nowadays.

I bought Reasonable Doubt on tape, I got In My life Time Vol 1, I bought In My Life Time Vol 2. Then when Hard Knock Life came out I decided to skip that album. I guess it was songs like Sunshine and Hard Knock Life turned me off to Jay-Z.

Until I heard Jay-Z on all the Swizz tracks I got back in Jigga. From then on every 4th quarter I would look forward to a new Jay-Z record.

How he became one of the greatest Rappers ever slipped by me, much like How Lil Wayne got so big, it just went over my head at the time.

I gotta say that I'm a big fan of Jay-Z, I loved the Blueprint and I'm waiting for The Blueprint 3


Love

Vince

No comments: