Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Post of a Post of a Post

I got this from Staple's blog, which he said he got from google:

• Sleep more - if you learn to take power naps, you will have more energy throughout the day. Although you may lose some time from napping, you will be able to work more efficiently, which will give you more time. [I'm 1000% down with this. This is what my most effective days look like. Wake up at 10am. In the office by 11am. Work till 7pm. Dinner and chill till around 9pm. Then take a nap till 11pm. Wake up and back to work (usually from home) till around 4am. Sleep 6 hrs and do it all again. If you're the type that needs 8 hrs of sleep, you can make up the shortage on the weekends. The 2 hour nap really allows for productive work in the midnight hours. Pulling a true all nighter with no sleep is a waste of time cuz you end up doing dumb shit anyway. Oh, and if you have a girl/boyfriend or wife/husband...this is a sure fired way to make the relationship go to hell.]

Here's my ideal day:

Wake up at 8:30, go to the gym. Come back home eat and shower surf the web a bit, start working at around 10, work until around 3. I find that after around 3 I'm not very efficient. Since my mind is going to wander I might as well go surf the net or watch an episode of Entourage. 5pm think about the people getting off work at their 9-5's. At around 9 get back to work and finish at around midnight or 1am. Surf the net some more, e-mail people, blog go to bed at 3am.

I do this quite often, I would insert a day every few weeks where my body breaks down and I have a day of uncontrollable sleep unable to wake up.

I need a full time job that would let me do this. If I do find this job I guarantee that I would be a lifer there and I would exceed any expectations that they have of me. Cause in this ideal work situation I am just THAT good.



Love,

Vince

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey that's almost what my schedule is... Wake up at 10am. In the office by 11am. Work till 7pm. Dinner and chill till around 9pm. Then take a nap till 10pm. Wake up and go to the gym til around 1am, cool down and chill till about 3am. Sleep 6 hrs and do it all again.