Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Work Verses the People

When I have my name on something I like it to be done my way or at least done to the level of professionalism that I like. One thing I've been struggling with my full time jobs is that I have become the most experienced one at my work places, this happens at the last few places I have worked at. I find myself not learning anything new rather I can see where the mistakes are being made but I don't have the authority to correct them. Most of the time I just shovel it aside, let them do them and I'll do me. So often I would just worry about my work and let other things slide. Kinda.

Maybe that is the reason why I find myself leaving jobs so often. I get stuck in this role where I have to be responsible for certain things but I don't have the authority to take action. I don't want to be THAT guy, who over steps his bounds and just tells people what to do. But you know, I'm tired of being THAT guy that just sits idly by and does nothing. Just worry about my own work just think about my own work, ignore them using that wacky free font just ignore that bad design, don't look at it.....you know what, I'm going to voice my opinion! I'm going to get heard, I'm not leaving this time and if it's a subconscious battle of wills I'm going to win dammit. More often then not I find myself saying, "this is not worth it, it's not worth me putting in the time to try to change things, just do your work save up some money and just quit damn it!

This time around it's different, I've been brought in to do this. I just got to be patient, wait for the right time.

At least I'm reading the right book: The 48 Laws of Power.



Don't Fuck with Me.


Love,


Vince

No comments: