Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Vancouver Special

I was born and raised in East Van. I was actually born in Children's Hospital. Growing up a lived in a little 2 bedroom 1 level house. We ended up moving to this three story house that has been the main house for my mom's side of the family since they moved to Canada. This house is exactly one block away from from our old house.

Now both houses are not great houses by any means. One time I was visiting my parents I found that kids have writen "crazy house" on the sidewalk outside.

Now one thing that I have always dreamed about was to live in a house that was nice and presentable, much like Rich's and Danny's.

You know what I would love is to own a Vancouver Special, it's a nice home, presentable, looks nice and is a Vancouver icon. One thing I wish it wasn't is the fact that hipsters and transplants use the Vancouver Special as a it's so lame it's cool kind of ironic symbol. Leave it alone, leave it alone, I'm sure you are missing out on taking some blurry picture for your blog right now, just leave the Vancouver Special alone. Somewhere a weird haircut and some Cheap Monday's are left unworn, you have a bigger purpose, go forth and make some kidish art and leave the Vancouver Special alone.


Love,

Vince

No comments: