Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Management


I should have posted this earlier. But I was promoted to Manager of Graphic Design just before Christmas. It was a nice surprise, I got a raise and an extra weeks holiday. I gotta say I noticed the difference in my attitude shortly after I got the title. I feel responsible for all aspects of my department where as before I really just worried about my own work for the most part. Essentially I was doing somethings outside of what my job description was when I was a Senior Graphic Designer.

I recently recruited someone I gotta say that was something new.

Today I introduced a few new policies and standards, it was interesting to see things changed by my suggestions.

All in all I have never felt so accomplished in my whole life. It feels great. I feel like I can take a rest stop in my career and just chill as a manager for now.

Tomorrow is my three month probation, I guess they're going to keep me.



Love,

Vince

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grats!!! :) Where is my Porche?

Vince Chan said...

What about some Borsch instead?

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&resnum=0&q=borsch&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi