Sunday, September 20, 2009

Motivation

I am always weary of saying anything negative to a person. Especially someone in my profession. First of all I whole heartedly believe that you should treat people the way you like to be treated. So I don't like negative statements made towards me, I would avoid doing that to others. The second reason is, negative statements often generate a great deal of motivation.

For me I know that creatively, if someone said I'm no good at something or put me down I would be out for revenge. I will try my best to prove that person different, and I'll never let that go.

So if I said a negative statement to someone I would think that I am giving then a surge in motivation to prove me different. Not all people would react this way, but the hungry ones that's just the jump start that they need to perform at a higher level.



So watch what you say, or sometimes you have to say what needs to be said and be the asshole to motivate someone. I guess that's why silence is golden, because it's easy and hard at the same time.


Love,

Vince

No comments: